Who are we?
Havering Train2Teach is a trainee teacher programme in primary schools in the London Borough of Havering.
Where are we?
The London Borough of Havering is a London borough in outer east London. Areas in Havering include Romford, Hornchurch, Upminster, Cranham and Rainham. The borough is mainly characterised by suburban development with large areas of protected open space. The borough has good public transport links including the District Line, C2C and the Great Eastern Mainline and is well connected to the M25 and A127 roads.
How does our programme work?
Our teacher training programme is run over a one-year period within schools in partnership with Tes Institute. The one year course is delivered with a mix of in-school experience, online learning, tutor support and in-school mentor support.
Why chose our TES institute course?
The Tes Institute programme is a unique opportunity to work as a member of a school team and learn about teaching from dedicated, experienced professionals in schools. Your practical teacher training will be supplemented by high-quality online learning sessions written by practising teachers and academics from the world of education.
Tes Institute’s Initial Teacher Training (ITT) course will allow you to:
- Work in a school alongside teaching professionals, learning from experienced practitioners as part of a team
- Train to prepare and deliver your own lessons and in time, take shared responsibility for your own classes
- Gain contrasting experience in a second partnership school
- Access supporting online study sessions 24/7 that focus on the theory and practice of teaching and learning
- Benefit from the support of an in-school mentor and a TES Institute pathway tutor to guide and facilitate effective progress towards QTS
- Be part of a network of School Direct partnership schools
- Gain QTS with an option to add PGCE
- Increase your subject knowledge with online Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE)